Monday, April 28, 2008

How Terrible

John Albert just e-mailed me from Connecticut to tell me that the apartment building that the elders live in in Norwich, CT was consumed in flames over the weekend. I don't know how the elders are or if anyone died, but it looks like everyone lost everything in the fire. It happened in the middle of the night and the fire spread quickly. 

It's strange to see a building that you knew now destroyed...We used to meet the elders in the parking lot and follow them places on P-day. I have photos of this building in the background. Now it is no more. 

I feel bad for the elders and for the Norwich ward...the ward has had a lot of difficulties over the years and didn't need this. Please pray for the people affected by this fire. Thank you.

Click here to see a news article about the fire. I hope to find out more.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just to reassure you, no one was killed or hurt and all residents are accounted for as of the news this morning. Huge fire though, and deemed "suspicious".

Marleen said...

That is so sad. I really hope it was just an accident.