Friday, April 25, 2008

Ms. Mom

My parents are driving to Kentucky this weekend for a Chaney family reunion, Laura and I are holding down the fort for approximately a week. Don't get me wrong, I love my family, but it will be nice to have a breather. This is also well timed, as I have a bunch of stuff going on for school this week and it's kind of nice to have them out of the way. So I get to be Ms. Mom...making sure Laura is ok and fixing us dinner and stuff. It'll be an interesting week, I'm sure my grandma will call every 5 minutes like last time we held down the fort. Last August Laura and I were home alone (insert Maculay Culkin impression here) here for awhile while my parents were back in WA finishing up things with the sale of our property. During that time, our cat got a big abcess on her neck, we had to find a vet when we hadn't lived here but a few weeks. Crazy.

You know, there really isn't a good title for me. I'm starting to dislike being called "Miss" (I am not thirteen anymore), "Ms." makes me think of a bitter divorced woman in her 40's and I'm not married...I do not have my Mrs degree! I need a title for me! Yes, I enjoy being random!

1 comment: