Friday, April 25, 2008

Generic Face

Now that I'm fatter, I totally have a generic face! There are a lot of people who look like me! Case in point: Today I'm checking e-mail in the lab, some guy sat next to me (he was not hitting on me, I swear), said hello and then asked how I was, all as if he knew me! I think he thought I was someone he knew. I answered politely, all the time thinking "Who is this guy?". I think he then realized his mistake and blew it off by saying he'd had too much caffeine.

In all, it was pretty funny and one more on a long list of examples. I get "recognized" a lot. Someone is always telling me that I look like their [fill in the blank]. An elderly lady in my branch swears I look like her grandaughter (I don't!). I had lots of customers at BB&B who thought they knew me from somewhere (they didn't).

I'm really good at recognizing people, I remember them when they have no idea who I am! So I knew I didn't know this guy. I only know a few people on campus, so I know those faces well.

Laura's and my looks are from opposite sides of the family...I take after my mother's side and Laura takes after Dad's side. Everything is totally opposite, I swear. But when the neighbors met us, they said we looked alike! I was like, no we don't! The only reason we look alike is because we are both chubby!

So be careful who you talk to...it could be my evil twin!

1 comment:

Marleen said...

I think people just want to know you and have to find an excuse to get to that point. Love that face of yours.