Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Palmyra Temple






So I have to brag about my recent trip to Palmyra...on March 22, my mom and I drove there as part of our stake temple trip. I drove up, it takes nearly four hours to get to our temple! I really miss the convenience of the Seattle temple that was a little over an hour away from us in Washington. It has been quite awhile since I have attended the temple, not really my choice. The move was our priority, and then it was crazy trying to get settled in, and then it was winter...finally the time was right and it felt so good to be inside the temple. The Palmyra temple is very small, it was crazy trying to get a dressing room! It was a lot of work to get there- the long drive, etc, but so worth it for that peace.
The temple is of course, beautiful...all the windows are stained glass depicting the sacred grove and it is the only temple to have a window that you can actually see inside...President Hinckley wanted a window to overlook the sacred grove, so there is one that is not obscured.
Also while we were there, my mom and I saw the Hill Cumorah (I'm excited to go to Pagent this summer- never seen it!) and it's so unreal to see places like that that you've heard about your whole life. It was so weird to be able to drive up the backside of the Hill Cumorah! We took photos of the monument at the top. We also saw the Joseph Smith log home and nearby was a frame home (pictured) that they lived in later. It was fun to have a sister missionary as our tour guide and to see these historic places. I had a really nice day with my mom, probably one of the best ever.

No comments: