Thursday, April 24, 2008

Don't Mess With My Sister!

My sister Laura raises guide dog puppies, currently we're raising Cody who is a brat of a collie. Yesterday she and my mom went to Wal-Mart, Laura took Cody outside because he was being a pill and not paying attention. My sister needed to correct him (and you do so by jerking on their collar) and in doing so Cody fell over on his side because he was not paying attention. He was fine. It was not abuse. Some woman (whom Laura had just met last week at the library's first book club meeting) saw this happen and came up to Laura and told my sister that if she ever saw my sister treat Cody like that again she was going to call the cops! My poor sister had to deal with all of that by herself, she cried later.

That woman is really lucky I was not there or that my mother was not there...I don't know how I would have reacted towards her! I would have been really tempted to yell. And keep in mind that it takes a lot to make me mad! There have been several times over the years that I have had to defend Laura- people like to pick on her because she is "different". Memo to the world: Don't mess with my sister!

Clearly abuse has no place in society, but please be sure of the facts before you accuse!

No comments: