Monday, March 2, 2009

SF: Days 2&3

Sunday and today have been fairly laid back and mellow, no pics to see. It was nice to go to Sacrament Meeting at the ward that my mom grew up in. I have attended there a handful of times, it has been awhile. There were only a few people still there in that ward that would remember my mother- she hasn't attended there since she got married and moved away. One was Brother Jex, a tiny little old man who was my mother's teacher in both church and school for several years. My poor mother was stuck with him more than her sisters growing up. He is a big joker. A little bit of him goes a long way, let's just put it that way. He didn't recognize my mother at first, she said "Yes, I've changed a bit" while she pointed to her nearly white hair. And then he answered jokingly, "Yes, your face got fatter." He then hugged me and wouldn't let go! Then he gave me a bad time for "hanging on dirty old men". He was pretty funny. I can now understand why my mom got so sick of him!

We cooked a nice turkey dinner (I slept well...triptophan anyone?) and had a nice day looking at old photos and talking. Today was spent doing little odd jobs around my grandma's house- can't really do a ton now because it'll just need doing again (like dusting) before the party on Friday. My other aunt (who lives about an hour and a half away) drove here tonight, we're all going into the city tomorrow to have fun and be tourists. You'll see some fun photos soon.

No comments: