Thursday, March 5, 2009

SF: Day 5

My other grandmother (dad's side) picked up Laura and I this morning and we drove down to Redwood City and picked up my Aunt Susan (dad's younger sister). The four of us ate lunch at Applebee's and had a good time. After we dropped Susan back off at her house, us girls went quilt store hoppin'! The quilt stores in the area were having an event, you got free stuff at every store you bought stuff at. I got a bunch of fab fat quarters and a gizmo to make heart shaped yo-yos. My grandmother made the mistake of saying we could get whatever we wanted- famous last words! I really wanted to go to town with the retro prints, but I was a good girl and didn't break the bank. We spent some time back at the house with Grandfather too and he showed me jewelry he had cast a long time ago, I showed him the stuff I made the other semester.

My grandma (the one we are having the party for) has for years wanted to showcase the antique violin that belonged to her mother when she was a little girl, so we got it professionally framed at Aaron Brothers. They did a really nice job. We gave it her tonight and she was really surprised and delighted. We decided to give it to her now so that it could be out for the party.

Here is Grandma Norma today with the violin:



Wasn't my grandma a cute little girl?
I think she is about 3 here:




It's always a good day when you get to go fabric shopping!

1 comment:

CharityMay said...

hey liz! i hope you don't feel stalked- i found your blog off sunny's! i am excited to catch up with you!