Sunday, March 8, 2009

SF: Day 8

Today was a nice, laid back day. It was the last full day in CA- tomorrow I will be on a plane all day heading home. It was really beautiful and sunny today, I don't know if I've ever seen such nice weather here. We were still recovering from the party yesterday.

The four of us ("Auntie" Melissa, my real Aunt Marcie, Laura and I) posed in an attempt....


to recreate this photo circa 1991:

This is one of my favorite photos of my grandma and grandpa, taken around the time they married in 1949:

On to the here and now. We went back to Nick's today, yum. I always match my shirt to the sign I'm posing next to, ha ha:

Aunt Eileen, Grma, Roland, Aunt Marcie, Laura and me!

Pretty Rockaway Beach:


I don't really want to go home, but all good things must come to an end, eh? Besides we need to get home to my dad- he fell today and banged his face and broke a blood vessel in his eye. He's ok, he went to the Dr and got his eye checked out. I also feel bad that our poor dogs have been boarded in a kennel this whole time. We'll pick them up on Monday after I get out of school. It's just Laura and I flying tomorrow, Mom goes home on Thursday.

Wish me luck! It's 5 hrs from here just to Cleveland. Sigh.

2 comments:

CharityMay said...

those pictures of the beach are so beautiful! and i love the picture of your grandarents, the styles then were so gorgeous. looks like you had a great time. sending you sympathy for the long plane ride. :(

oldangelgirl said...

You were such a cute little girl! And I love the sign matching... ever the artist!