Tuesday, March 10, 2009

SF: Day 9 and home

Laura and I flew home on Sunday, Mom is staying until Thursday as to be there for Grandma's actual birthday (we had the party early so I could come on Spring Break). We think she just wants to go to Nick's again. Ha ha. Before we left, we posed with Grma on the porch:

Grma has some cute grandkids!
The plane ride(s) were long, but fine. Here is SF:
Laura and I got home at 11, went to bed at midnight and I slept....for three hours. Then I woke up and couldn't fall back asleep, dang it! I survived school and then Laura and I drove to Franklin and back (a good hour and a half each way) to pick up our doggies from the kennel. Even though Dad didn't go to CA, he was gone at work all the time and it would be hard for him to walk them with his bum knee so we boarded them anyhow. They were SO happy to see us! They jumped for joy. They JUMPED in the car, they were ready to go home! Poor babies, I felt bad we had to leave them so long. The guy said that they did well and that he really liked Hank (the brown one).
The doggies were good in the car and so happy to be home...it was eerily quiet in the house without them! I meant to only "rest" once home but crashed and slept and slept and slept like from 8pm straight til 6:30 am...it was heavenly!
I thought adjusting back to this time zone would be awful, but I actually feel pretty good...I never really did totally adjust to CA time, I always felt a little off. I guess I belong here...for now.

1 comment:

oldangelgirl said...

Are you a Quaker yet? Or are you going Amish instead? I loved the picture of SF. Perfect. :)