Friday, March 6, 2009

SF: Day 6

No photos to show today, sorry. Just a pretty easy day around my grandma's house, getting stuff ready for the party. There's so many of us around that it makes the load fairly light. My great uncle is up from Southern CA for the party, he hung out with us today. The other day he was in a friend's garage going out for a smoke and he lost his balance and fell and banged up his forehead pretty good- he had to get stitches and everything. See, smoking is hazardous to your health!

Today was a Good Food Day- GUR (Great Uncle Roland, my grandma's brother) brought us all sourdough breakfast sandwiches from Jack in the Box (which we do not have in PA and miss) and then we ordered Chinese takeout for dinner. Lots of yummy stuff. Good Chinese food is a rarity in rural PA, it was on my list of things to do out here!

When GUR had me all alone in the kitchen, he asked if I had a boyfriend...mmmm, no. Don't we all know the answer to that one? I really hate it when I get put on the spot! I bugged him right back (it's been a while since he had a girlfriend) and high-tailed it out of there. It was just really awkward because I really don't know him all that well. One of these days I will have to post about what not to say to a single person. Trust me people, if I had someone, I'd tell!

Tomorrow is the big party. We're having it catered (phew!) which takes a load off, but there are a few little things to do before people start coming at 2. I am on photo duty to take pics of the guests for the guest book. I am excited to see people I haven't seen for awhile. I think we will all be tired tomorrow night!

2 comments:

CharityMay said...

hmmm, creepy? a little. awkward? definitley!
smart girl having the party catered. we have a huge family and always end up doing all the work ourselves for family functions. maybe one day we will get fed up and finally allow somene else to do it... ;)

Elizabeth said...

My aunt has done catering in the past, but we wanted her to enjoy the party too and not work.