Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Cashew

Introducing the newest member of the family on my dad's side....Baby Cashew. No, that's not her real name, her parents Jen (my cousin) and John (her husband) haven't disclosed the name yet. She was born this morning in Alaska at 7:20 am, weighing 10lbs 15oz and was 22 3/4 in long. Jen had to have an emergency C-section. Both mama and baby are doing well. This is their first child, so everyone is really excited. Jen has had a difficult pregnancy, she was on bedrest, so it's a big relief everyone is ok.

Neither side of my family is very large, so it's nice to have a new addition. This is the second blood grandchild for my aunt (my cousin Richard had Alex 13 yrs ago and also has step-children) as well as the second great-grandchild for my grandparents. I'm one of seven grandchildren on my dad's side and one of two on my mom's side...no other grandkids on that side besides me and Laura! Clearly, no great-grandchildren on that side either...neither Laura or I have kids! That side of the fam is a little stagnant, it's nice to see some growth and change on my dad's side.

Congrats to John and Jen!

No comments: