Monday, October 13, 2008

Beauty

"Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower."
~Albert Camus





This is our beautiful backyard, we're reaching the peak of beauty this autumn. All the trees really remind me of Connecticut, that's where I first saw this kind of beauty and I associate Fall with that place. This is one subject that never seems to photograph as beautiful as it is in reality- my digital is a good camera but had a harder time truly conveying the colors and lighting as they really were. My backyard is even more beautiful than what I can convey in photos. I think most cameras have issues with this subject. I'm glad I really watched the trees last fall here, since I'm in school now I haven't enjoyed the season as much. It's all so beautiful, but I can't help but dread the winter that will soon come! The nights are getting crisper and crisper...

7 comments:

Parkin Family said...

Those pictures are awesome! I love fall too! It's na toss up between fall and spring for me.

Marleen said...

That's your backyard! Sweet. I miss the Fall in the East. Just simply beautiful.

twiddyfam said...

Okay, you win. Those pictures are breath taking. I wish I could lay out in your backyard. I used to do that on my mission, but seeing your yard makes me what to hope on a plane with a warm coat and blanket and lay down and soak in the beauty.

Lisa said...

I too always think of CT when I see anything fall. Your lucky to live in it.

Stefanie said...

that's so gorgeous!!!!

oldangelgirl said...

Oh, how I miss that sight! Utah doesn't even have the foggiest imagination of an idea of what Autumn really means... Sigh!

Aimee said...

I never really appreciated the leaves changing until I was on my mission and I saw everything turn colors and then fall and it looked so bare