Friday, October 10, 2008

Cardboard

We've started on the next project in my 3-D art class, we're exploring how to use planar (flat) surfaces to create structure and volume. We're to use cardboard and hot glue to create a sculpture that uses architectural elements but can't appear to be building-like. A lot of people are making totally abstract sculptures, but that's hard for me, so my idea is to create an abstracted carousel horse comprised of parts of amusement park rides. My teacher gave the ok. That's my preliminary sketch above- ferris wheel neck, roller coaster tail, carousel tent thigh, etc. It's due soon, we'll see how it turns out! Told you I like carousels!

1 comment:

Marleen said...

Oh, very abstract. Looks hard but knowing you it will be awesome. Can't wait to see the final piece.