Monday, January 5, 2009

Christmas 08

Christmas was pretty nice this year, here's some random photos:


I embroidered Dad a dishtowel with a '57 Chevy on it- he does most of the cooking, thought he'd like a "manly" dishtowel (and he did!). He also asked Santa for a nap on the couch and got that, too. ;)

I got a quilting set from Grandmother....woo hoo!


and a big pack 'o clear stamps from my grandparents! Woo hoo!

I gave Dad a book entitled "Weird Pennsylvania"....we always joke about how weird PA is and now we have proof!




I made Laura a calico dog (modeled after her first guide dog flunkie that we now own, Lars) complete with a "guide dog" green scarf:

Santa brought lots of good stuff...and work gloves and pry bars! Somehow he knew that we have shanty buildings on the property to tear down. ;) Oh and yes, my stocking has GNOMES on it!



hanging up my stocking...gotta love the fireplace dvd going (hey Marleen, it's the same one as the DuQuettes had at their house for our Christmas!)
Close-up of tree:



And drumroll please...our tree (one of the better ones we've had and definitely the tallest we've had- no more short mobile home ceilings!). Tree photography lesson: Use a tripod with no flash and play around with your camera settings til you get a good one:


Mariah says Merry Christmas!



We've been collecting Santa cards for a couple years now...grouped items make a cute display!

Hank is thrilled for Christmas:



The house- we did big colored lights this year (last year were icicle lights) which made our brown house look kinda gingerbread-y! Also use a tripod with a long exposure time and no flash for pics like this:

One of my (many) nativity sets...we put nativity sets in the bookcase (along with nativity cards we've gotten over the years). This one was purchased in Utah when I went to John and Nancy's sealing. It's made of very delicate flat pieces of porcelain that you assemble.
Grandmother gave us each a tiny set of Lincoln Logs and Tinker Toys (clearly we do not have small children in the house- total choking hazard!). I played with both as a kid, it was fun to make itty itty bitty things!


Friends from church made these signs for everyone in our ward years ago...it says "Santa Stop here....Chaney's have been good all year!" We like to hang it outside.


Merry Christmas 2008!

1 comment:

Marleen said...

I love those gifts. I hope we get to see your gifts projects when they are finished. How is your Etsy shop coming along? Okay, so were the DuQuettes the people who served us lasagna for Christmas? If so, they are the people I named my Christmas Lasagna after that is on Simply Healtful. Let me know if they are.