Tuesday, January 13, 2009

2008

I've been meaning to recap 2008...it was a better year than the couple before that. It marked my first full year in PA. 2007 was basically consumed with moving, 2006 was consumed with dreading the move to PA. Here's to an even better '09, but first, let's recap the year that was 2008:

  • In January, I got my seventh tube in my bad ear. Usually this is an outpatient procedure and you have local anethetic, but this time I had to be put under since removing the previous tube would be more difficult (it went under my ear drum instead of thru it). I had the worst reaction I've ever had to coming out of anethesia, it was not fun.



  • Days after that, I started at Edinboro. I've been meaning to go back to school and it's nice to finally do so. It's a challenge, but I really love all the new things I learn and get to try out.



  • Last March I went to the Corning Museum of Glass in Corning, NY with the YSA. This was a great trip and we saw a lot of neat pieces.

  • Also last March, I joined Facebook and also became a blogger! I love Facebook for keeping track of people and I love bloggin'- it's very theraputic. Thanks Stef for making me do this!

  • March also was the first time I got to see Palmyra- very cool.



  • In May I was put in YW, which I've never served in before. Another big challenge, but I love my girls!
  • In June Auntie Marcie visited- our first official guest! It was great having her around.

  • June also marked my first visit back home since I moved- it was a super quick trip (I was there for L&I purposes) but I got to see my pals and that was FABULOUS!



  • Got to see the Hill Cumorah Pageant for the first time...awesome!
  • Girl's Camp was a big highlight of the year- I loved it and so did the girls!
  • The YSA conference in Pittsburgh was really great and it was neat to hear from (and meet) Julie B. Beck.
  • 2008 marked The Return of Embroidery and I got a little more scrapping done than in '07. I also got into making kid's stuff and finding freebie patterns online.
  • I finally got around to researching Etsy! Hopefully that will be a reality soon!
  • I hit a deer for the first time (hopefully the last!) which is not surprising since there are SO many deer in PA!
  • It started snowing in OCTOBER and hasn't really let up since!
  • Diagnosed with PCOS, trying to be healthier (and I need to step that up)
  • And hey, let's not forget the important things....we made pickles for the first time as a family!

Life is always a challenge, but 2008 was a step in the right direction. Let's hope that 2009 keeps it up!

2 comments:

Marleen said...

For the most part it sounded like 2008 was great. I'm sorry about the diagnosis. If you ever want great insight to hormonal balancing I've been taking some classes, there are some great healthy options that help (email me). Oh, and I love it! Thanks for thinking of me this Christmas.

Aimee said...

You have been busy. I think that it would be neat to do a recap of my year but most of it involves Tyler so there you go. Sorry about PCOS. Its tough, I hear.