Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Winter

We have been blanketed with snow all winter, we've seriously only had a couple of nice days since Halloween! Lately it has been COLD (0 degrees when I got up today and a high of like 17)and we've gotten a good amount of snow that hasn't gone away, it just keeps piling up. The dogs are swimming in it when we walk them! The cold bothers my joints, I will be very glad when it is Spring! We still manage to have some fun though, as you'll see:

We made a couple of luminarias out of ice, some by accident- you let the water in a bucket start to freeze, then dump out the water in the middle of the ice and add a candle and you get this:

Pretty, huh?
Then on MLK day, we picked up our Branch President's grandkids (our entire Primary!) and we all went sledding down our driveway. It's a good hill- steep enough to get a good ride but not so steep you can't walk up it. Everyone won- the kids and us had a good time and their Grandma Norma (funny cause we have a Grandma Norma too!) got some rest, she was under the weather. We laughed about borrowing little kids so we could be kids too!

Laura with Ian (age 5)





This pic looks like Payton is sledding up the hill but she is really spinning around on her pink disk! Makes me think of MC Escher.

We had forts and a snowball fight, too. Carmen started it...better be careful what you wish for!

Payton and I were a team. We kicked butt.

Ian, Carmen and Payton on our bridge (above) and me and Laura with the kids (below).

Fun for all ages!

3 comments:

Marleen said...

I love sledding and the snow. I have to admit though I am ready for Spring.

Lisa said...

That candle trick is cool. I'll have to try it.

oldangelgirl said...

How is it possible that you are such an amazing, thoughtful, creative, wonderful person? I love you!