Monday, August 11, 2008

Wall-e


I finally did something with my family for my birthday...it's only been what, three weeks? I wasn't feeling so hot right after camp to do something so it got pushed back another week. We went into Erie and saw Wall-e, which is as good as all the reviews say it is. I was really touched by this cartoon and I loved the animation. I haven't liked the last few Pixar movies ( I liked the Incredibles but not Cars) but I really fell for this one. It has some great messages:
1)The need for environmentalism
2) The need to put down our technology for one minute and see what's around us
3) The need to be self-reliant
I also got a kick out of the closing credits- being an art student, I loved how they spanned the timeline of art- from caveman drawings to computer animation. After the movie I got treated to Red Lobster and some really good shrimp alfredo pasta and cheesy garlic rolls.
Tonight Laura and I are going to Chautauqua, NY with the YSA for a concert- there are traveling musicians from BYU performing in the orchestra. They played for our YSA sacrament meeting and are incredibly good, so tonight should be good as well. Stefanie, I'll be thinking of you and your violin!

1 comment:

Marleen said...

I heard this was a must see. I'm glad you agree. I will have to put it on my list of movies to see.