Friday, August 29, 2008

School

I started back to school on the 25th- I waited til today to make my report so that I would have an idea of how the semester will be. I am taking five classes: Beginning Drawing, 3-D art, Western Art History, World Civilizations and a Wellness/Walking class. Things have been going fine, though I was a bit sleep deprived this week. I like Fridays because I only have the two history classes and it's a short day. I am surrounded by freshman in all my classes- it's sometimes amusing and sometimes real annoying (like when everyone is all worried about who is in their presentation group for History).

Drawing is okay, though I had to buy tons of supplies and I find it all very tedious. I've never had much paitience for it, especially since I gravitated to photography!

The first project for 3-D art (basically it's a Beginning Sculpture class) should be kinda fun- we're using wire to recreate objects and imply volume. I'll probably make a large accordian-style camera.

I have a show in the student gallery coming up soon- I better get working on that.

I'll post pics (of course) of my projects throughout the semester.

1 comment:

Adriana Romanini said...

It all sounds really exciting - I would LOVE to take a drawing class one day... :)
Good luck with your classes.
;)