Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Family Fun Weekend

Laura wanted to take her dogs Cody (the collie in training now) and Lars (her first dog that was rejected from the program) to Presque Isle. We met my dad there on Friday the 22nd and had a picnic. What was funny was that Lars (the lab!) HATED the water and kept trying to pull away while Cody LOVED it! He jumped and splashed around and swam.







After the picnic, mom and I went to a nearby gallery that was featuring the carvings of John DeAngelo. He made some amazing carousel reproductions and Disney characters that were cute. It was my only chance to see it and I'm glad I did. I love carousels- I collect carousel items, which probably stems from having run one while working as a Rides Operator at Enchanted Village many moons ago.


To be continued below:

2 comments:

LiteralDan said...

Is that Presque Isle, Pennsylvania? I used to live in Presque Isle, Maine, and I know a few other states have one, such as Wisconsin.

Elizabeth said...

yes, that is in PA. I didn't know other states had them too!