Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Enormous Bee!




The other day my mom heard this loud buzzing sound and traced it to our kitty house...she thought it was a group of bees but it turned out to be one enormous bee trapped in the window! We trapped it in a jar, then let it go. It was HUGE!! These pictures make it look small, if anything! It was a big bumblebee, easily two inches long and an inch wide. You can see my mom's fingers for comparison. The jar is 2" in diameter! It vibrated the whole jar. Apparently Pennsylvania grows big things!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

I can't stop shuddering when I look at that bee.

I feel like it's on me!

Parkin Family said...

Wow! Scary! I hate bees. It's amazing how big the bee was compar eto your mom's hand. Yuck!

Aimee said...

That thing is HUGE!!!!

Marleen said...

That is huge. Did you know honeybees are mysteriously disappearing? I bet that huge bee and his buddies are eating them up. Crazy.

LiteralDan said...

Well, I can't say it's false advertising that I found you through a Google search for "Enormous Bee".

Unfortunately, this doesn't look like the ones I saw-- yours is fatter and now I'm glad I didn't see one like it. It's like a flying mouse!!