Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day, everyone. I have to say that Mother's Day went a lot better this year than I thought it would, considering that I hate Mother's Day. Mother's Day has grown tiresome the last few years since 1) you should be nice to your mother all year long 2) My mom and I don't always have the greatest realtionship (I hate those "angel mother" talks) and 3) I don't have children and get tired of recieving geraniums. My mom spoke in sacrament meeting about temples (we were spared from the typical talk) and the primary children sang so cute and gave everyone a handmade card. I didn't want my violet, but was kindof forced to have one.

Later at home we had pancakes and mom opened her cards and present- a wringer from an old wringer washer. We collect antiques and it will look good with her other antiques above the cabinets. She also got a fuchia basket and big wrought iron hook for it- it replaces the ugly white pvc pipe hanger that the previous owner's left. Considering all, it wasn't a bad day. I even got a nap.

1 comment:

Stefanie said...

I agree with you - no geraniums! I hate that so very much - the "future mother" token gift. I'd like to tell you where you can shove that. haha. I don't have strong feelings about that at all!