Thursday, May 8, 2008

LDS Art Competition

The Museum of Church History and Art is having another worldwide competition (You often see art from these competitions in the Ensign) which they hold every three years. This year's theme is "Remembering the Great Things of God." I've never entered this competition, though I've been impressed with the pieces I've seen in the past. I'd love to enter, but nothing is jumping in my mind of what to do. I'd probably try to paint something, though all types of media are accepted. The other challenge is to think of something that won't be done to death.

Here is a quote from the Church News regarding the theme: "The artwork will represent a theme, idea, story, people, or place related to (1) Latter-day Saint doctrines, beliefs, and teachings, including stories from the scriptures and teachings of the prophets; (2) events, sites, and individuals pertinent to the history of the Church and its people; or (3) the application of religious values in Latter-day Saint life, including Church, family, and individual activities. "

The deadline is on October, so I have time to figure something out. Any suggestions? What do you think of when you think of that theme?

1 comment:

Lisa said...

That's cool that your going to enter the competition. You totally have to post pictures of what you enter. Good luck and have fun!