Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Young Women's

I have recently been called to serve as the First Councilor in Young Women's! Last Sunday was my first Sunday with the girls. I'm actually really excited about this calling-I felt it in my bones that I would be in YW here and it feels good to finally be involved. My president's name is Beth, she's been doing YW all by herself up until now (It's a small branch!) so it's nice to be able to help out. I enjoy her a lot. They also needed to fill a spot for a councilor in Relief Society, I was so relieved I didn't get asked to do that!

If I were still in Washington, I would have hated serving in YW- it was always my worst nightmare that I would be asked to. I was in that ward for over 20 years-I would have just felt really self concious about myself, especially since everyone far younger than me was off and married and there I was still in Enumclaw.

I haven't been in YW for 10 years- not since I graduated! Most stuff is pretty much the same, but some things have changed. I guess I flunked YW since I'm still not married, I have to go back and get a refresher course!

I have a lot in common with the YW- I'm in school, looking for Mr. Right, preparing to have a family of my own. I think the things we talk about here will help me. I'm excited about my lesson next Sunday- I get to talk about what missionaries do!

The real issue here is that our one active YW is graduating, there are a couple of others that come now and then and that's our real struggle. Wish us luck!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

We're twins! I too was called this last Sunday to YW. I've never done it. I'm excited.

Those girls are going to love love love you! Good Luck!

Marleen said...

You'll do great. I'm sure it will be challanging but you do awesome when things get hard.