Thursday, May 1, 2008

Artist's Reception




Last Saturday, April 26th, was the Artist's Reception for the 85th Annual Spring Show at the Erie Art Museum. I had a photograph accepted into the show, which was jurored by art critic Dave Hickey. It's been awhile since I've submitted pieces or gotten into shows, so it felt nice. I drug my sister Laura along since my parents were out of town but will see the show soon. At other artist's receptions, I had to wear a nametag but this time no nametag so no one had any idea who I was or why I was there. I didn't really talk to anyone except my jewelry teacher. It was nice to see her there. There were some interesting items, it's a pretty good mix of everything. The two men (pictured) in the orange hats were funny and talking to everyone- they tried to enter themselves in the show but I don't know if that worked out. They looked like they belonged in Seattle!
There's a gallery around the corner from the museum that is fun to wander through...I bought myself a small handmade glass butterfly as congratulations. I didn't win anything at the show, but we'll see if someone buys my photo. It's fun having a lot more opportunities for these kind of things.

1 comment:

Marleen said...

So cool that you were in the art show. Very chic and cool. I hope it sells. What was it going for? I'm always curious what art sells for what.