Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter

It's officially spring here and it's so nice to not have snow anymore. Easter weekend was very lovely, with high temps and lots of sunshine. I had a nice weekend with my family and it was nice to watch Conference. I was looking forward to it and was able to watch 3 of the 4 sessions at the church building (we don't have tv channels or the internet!) .

The grass is slowly turning green, trees are getting tiny buds. Everything has been so brown (trees, ground) since the snow left, so it's very nice to see a little change.


Daffodils! There is life!
We had fun coloring eggs- Grma sent a tie dye kit:

And we did our usual onion eggs. The yellowier ones were dyed with homegrown onionskins.

There's no grandkids, so Laura and I get to be the big kids. Being childless doesn't usually bother me too bad but holidays kind of rub it in and make me aware of what I'm missing. It's kindof embarrassing hunting eggs when you are 29, but I appeased my parents. We hunted eggs in the house- plenty of hiding spaces! Laura got more, but I wasn't far behind. Dad was funny and hid a tomato as well:
The critters love the nice weather too- the kitties are always much less friendly when it's warm out than when it's freezing!
Zebby is showing her "catmoflage" behind the big rock!


I got bunny ears in my basket, I have a collection of various funny ears:
Thought it was an appropriate holiday for Grant too- he is a chocolate lab after all!

I'm thankful for Easter and for what we celebrate/remember with this holiday. I think back to Easter Sunday when I was a missionary in Colchester- I was asked to speak about the prophesies concerning the resurrection, which was an unusual and interesting topic for me. I had no idea how many times it was prophesied before Christ came. I also remember the Bishop's wife speaking, and she gave a really lovely talk that day about the resurrection- it pretty much was several stories about people that she knew that were disabled or had died tragically and how Christ's resurrection would make them whole one day. It was one of those Sundays where you knew the angels were there, it was so glorious. A very good memory.
Hope you all had a nice Easter, too.





No comments: