Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Fair

Recently I went to two small, local fairs and had a lot of fun. I like looking at the exhibits and the animals. I'm also amazed at the crap the vendors sell (that hasn't changed in 20 yrs!) ...and that people actually buy it! Scary!

So I went to our local Sparty fair, I'm getting to know my antique tractors:
Baby bunnies are the CUTEST!

I like looking at good art...and mocking bad art, like this effeminate Santa on an ironing board (cause ironing spells Christmas for me! lol). Note the girly eyes and high heeled shoes:


People still make burl clocks! lol


I liked this display about maple syrup solely because I want their little vintage pink fridge! It totally goes with my vintage toy stove!




Gotta love kid's pumpkins:



As a former rider operator, couldn't help but notice the danger of these operators sitting with their heads two feet from a giant spinning machine! Crazy!


I enjoy photographing rides at night, got to play with my new camera:

Carousel

And ferris wheel:


Loved the skyline:



Then before that there was the Erie County fair which was even smaller! Mom and I looked at everything in like an hour! Pretty dinky considering what big towns/cities there are in Erie County.


We met a group that teaches dogs how to be search and rescue dogs, very interesting. Basically they play hide-and-seek and keep hiding the person more and more. This dog was "reading" the sign (but really reading the person!):
I'm sure Kelly Clarkson would love to know her picture hangs up in a cow barn, lol:
Takes on a whole new meaning:


Black sheep are so cute!


This was a lovely baby afghan, though I was disapointed with the quilts at both fairs- hardly any and really none that were spectacular. Should've made it to the Crawford County fair this year, they have a ton of quilts.



Driving a tractor, lol:

I loved this trailer, told you I love carousels!

Didn't stay til dark, but took some b&w:


Fairs are a fun way to spend an evening, I look forward to them each year!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I love your blurred night pictures. They're pretty.

Parkin Family said...

I love the ferris wheel picture!