Monday, September 14, 2009

China

My dad got home last weekend from China, he spent the last three weeks there on business. It's really nice to have him back home. Somehow he got sent there too early on the project, he'll likely have to go back sometime. I learned the basics of international business back at GRCC, scheduling things correctly is one of them!

My dad spent most of his time in Yentai, which is an hour and a half flight from Shanghai. We teased him about getting shanghai-ed, we also teased him that that was a long way to go for some good Chinese food (in rural PA it's a little hard to come by!). He spent most of his time at the shipyard, not really any tourist-y pics but I thought they'd be interesting to share.

Note the pipe sticking out the window:

Chinese KFC!







People would rollerskate in the big circle:



A REAL Chinese fire drill...these guys were practicing at the shipyard and were apparently really fast at relaying the hose and hooking it up!


My dad on a platform:


The shipyard:

His ultra high tech toilet:

and shower (note the key pad):


and American food products with Chinese labels!


My dad wanted to bring my mom home a Chinese Snickers bar (her fave) but you can't bring Chinese food into the US.



No comments: