Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Bye summer

I started this semester a week and a half ago, I wanted to wait until I had an idea of how things would be before I wrote. Here's me on the first day of school, I couldn't help but feel like a 1st grader! My aunt said all that was missing was a lunchbox:


My dad requested a pic since he's in China on business now and missed my first day of school. Told you I felt like a 1st grader!
I'm taking a multicultural education class, Beginning Art Ed, American History, Beginning Painting and another math class. I had some craziness last week when I discovered that an Art Ed class was overlapping when I was supposed to be in math (somehow I just can't be in two places no matter how hard I try...) so I had to drop the Art Ed class and switch it to the history class. On the last day to add classes, mind you! I was glad to find something that works for my degree and fit my schedule! Whew!
I also am working on my clearances so I can observe schools, I got fingerprinted last week and everything! Only they don't use ink anymore, they scan your fingers! I thought that was funny. i had to get a TB test too.
My math class is the worst of my classes, as my teacher isn't very good. I am not good at math and lucked out with a really good teacher last semester (I understood stuff! Amazing!). He somehow thinks you can just read the book and understand it...yeah right!
I have to work with a group in my Multicultural class, which isn't so bad except it was harder to get everyone familiar with Googledocs than to do our collaborative study guide! I hate it when technology makes things harder than analog ways!
It is fun to experiment with oils in painting class, today we were learning about color and mixing colors. The color you can get is so great, but man is that class expensive! Good thing I only have one studio class this semester!
I caught something terrible a week ago, a great way to start the semester, no? I've been snotty and hacking all week. I think I will get better soon, one can only hope. There's a light at the end of the tunnel.
Here's to a good semester!
Stay tuned, I'll be updating the blog and showing more stuff I did this summer. Also in the works: my fave links!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

You look so cute on your first day. Sounds like you have a bunch of fun classes and not so fun ones.

Hope it's a good semester.

Stefanie said...

You can do it! Go Liz! P.s. I'll be taking one of those cute photos in a few weeks myself- hahaha!