Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Vintage Christmas

I love vintage, and Christmas is no exception. One day I'd like to be all decked out like this:

{Image Rhonna Farrer}



...but I made some strides this year. I found some little bottlebrush trees at Walmart and at some drug stores that have a vintage vibe (and they were like a buck each!). They lived with Mom's things in the wardrobe:

I love love love little cardboard village houses, found a couple this year. They're only a couple bucks each as well, making for an affordable, cute display!
I love my Cracker Barrel Santa:
Dad has had this Santa for a long time, it's cute:
I found an antique place that sold vintage reflectors that go on big Christmas lights, you don't see these much:
I love vintage ornaments, and I loved the box too:
I used them and some vintage bells I found to make a garland over my closet door. The tinsel was from Walmart, I loved the shape!
I also found these sweet little molds, I'll turn them into ornaments one day. I think it'd be sweet to have a vintage kitchen themed tree when I get a kitchen of my own.
And there's new ornaments that look old, gotta love it!
I loved these quilts that I saw at Cracker Barrel, might have to copy them!
Aren't yo-yo's sweet?


When I was up in NY shooting the wedding I killed some time at this HUGE antique mall. Loved it! Couldn't buy everything, but it was fun to look:
Gotta love vintage Christmas linens!
You don't see many vintage tree stands, I liked this one but the $18 price tag was too much:
Aren't all these Santas cute?

And there were some great village houses, so tempting!





I think vintage Christmases are the best!

No comments: