Friday, July 24, 2009

Birthday

I had a birthday on Tuesday, and I had a pretty good day. Anything would be better than last year. I don't want to be 29, but there's not much I can do about that.

Plan A didn't work out (Stereoscope museum was closed) and Plan B didn't work out (It was raining, so zoo and butterfly gardens were out) so I went with Plan C, hanging out at the mall with my mom and sis. That was fine except Mom made us late (by an hour!). After I wandered around, we met my dad at a Chinese restaurant in Erie that we like (it's hard to find good Asian food around here!) and then went home for cake and presents. Grant the puppy stayed home, I didn't want to deal with him in public! He's quite the monster.

If it were really up to me I'd have gone to art museums in Pittsburgh or Cleveland, but oh well.

Earlier I had bought myself this kiddie record (I collect them) to play on my birthday...but it's a 78 and our player does 33's and 45's...sigh.
I love lemon cake!
I got a good haul- butterfly stamps, birch beer (like root beer) and some other fun stuff....


I got vintage Disney kid blocks and a book about Pennsylvania.

My grandmother's joke for as long as I can remember is that every time she has a birthday she's turning 29...I was joking with her that now we're the same age!
28 was a good year, hope 29 is!



3 comments:

Lisa said...

What!! Happy Birthday! Oh, I know you are going to have a good year. You are so postive and fun, how you could not always have a good year.

oldangelgirl said...

Fun!! I need to come out and visit you sometime... I think I'd like PA. :) Happy (very) Late Birthday, love!

Aimee said...

Can I trade with you. You take one of my years and I stay 29. I am turning 30!!!! Sorry I missed your birthday.