Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Weekend

I had a really nice weekend, usually they are pretty boring. I heard about this YSA dinner in Pittsburgh that was held last Friday, so my friend Ame and I drove down with three other YSA in her backseat (they were party poopers, but oh well). We had a good time hanging out with people that we had gotten to know at our conference in January. I got home at 1 am (I haven't done that in awhile!) but was pleasantly surprised to find that Pittsburgh really isn't all that far to go, it's more do-able than I think. I have been a hermit the last couple of years, it's really nice to get out and do stuff with friends.



ELVIS LIVES!!! No joke, I saw an Elvis impersonator come out of Steak 'n Shake while I was waiting for Ame. He was in FULL Elvis gear- hair, mutton chops, white jumpsuit, everything! In Meadville, which is the middle of nowhere! I was highly tempted to ask for a picture with him, maybe one day I will be that brave. He came out with a normal-dressed woman, making him look that much more odd! I couldn't get my camera out fast enough!

We laughed that the room looked like a wedding reception:


Ame and I with our friends Adam and Levi (who knows how to strike a pose!):

With our friend Tracey (who came up from West Virginia):


Ame and I:





I spent my day on Saturday cleaning my room (I'm odd cause I find organizing FUN!) which was way overdue. I can now actually get into my bed without having to jump over a pile of papers. I'm still trying to "have a place for everything and put everything in it's place" and Cindy liked to help:


"Am I in your way?"



Somewhere in there, I got a couple of naps in and I didn't have to teach in YW because try as I might, no one was available to come. Monday was an extension of the weekend, as I only had Math since my other two teachers had canceled in advance (so broken up about it, not!). Mom and Laura dropped me off and then picked me up after class and we hit the President's Day sale at Joann's! I got a bunch of fabric really really cheap and quilt batting was half off- perfect for all these quilt projects we have. I also got several quilting templates and rulers since they were half off as well. I am the wrong person to take into a fabric store, haha.


It was really nice to get out of the house and be social (I get isolated out here) and also relax so it was a pretty nice time. I forsee more Pittsburgh events in my future. Now back to the grind...

3 comments:

Beth said...

looks like you had fun!

oldangelgirl said...

Holy cow, that's a long way away from Colchester for Elvis to go. Do you remember our neighbor? And his lawn mower? LOL!! Those were some good times, no? I'm glad you had fun. You really should get out and have fun more often. You're a wicked fun person, and everyone deserves to experience the wonderfulness of you!! :)

Marleen said...

I wonder if the Elvis was headed to my town. Hmmmm . . .