Thursday, February 12, 2009

Valentine

For us single gals, there are two sides to Valentine's Day...you love people and want to show them love, yet meanwhile you just want to kick Valentine's Day to the curb and make it bleed because it is such an awful holiday. I mean, what holiday makes you feel more pathetic? When I saw this valentine, I just had to buy it because it just summed up Valentine's Day so well:


Last weekend my mom had this wonderful idea to take a photo outside in the snow and send it out as a valentine...but since I'm the one with a tripod and a timer, I somehow get to do all the work! Dad has a sprayer and sprayed the snow with Kool-Aid and we posed. I would love a remote for my camera like Marleen's, but no, I get the job of setting the timer and running like mad through feet of snow. Here is the finished product (designed by me) that we sent out- it shows the progression of my attempts:


1) Didn't make it into the picture
2)Running into the picture
3)Sticking butt out in picture
4)In picture

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone- I do luv ya.

1 comment:

Parkin Family said...

I think Valentine's is a stupid holiday too! I always have... I love the cards you guys made!