Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Golden Rule

So I was a little taken aback when I got this recent ad from JoAnn's and looked at the cover:

You see, the woman pictured is the Heidi Grace of Heidi Grace Designs, a scrapbooking/fabric company. And many moons ago when I was working at Craft Outlet, I met her in person. Several times. And she wasn't very nice. She was upset with us because the store didn't carry her scrapbooking products (which are a lot better now than they were then) and later when Craft Outlet closed forever, she purchased a lot of our fixtures and shelving and was really annoying haggling about prices. They were pretty low as it was but that wasn't good enough for her. I remember ringing her up and not liking being around her- she's very demanding.

If memory serves me correctly, she offered me a job, but I didn't look into it- I didn't want to be around her personality! I have bought a couple of things from her line before but I actually try not to because she was rude! I'm pretty silly to hold a grudge, but I think this shows that if you represent something, you have to be especially careful how you present yourself! People are definitely influenced by how you treat them. You gotta use honey, not vinegar!

No comments: