Friday, December 23, 2011

The Girliest Christmas Ever

Well, this Christmas season, along with being busy with school kids, YW and YSA, I helped my friend decorate her first apartment for Christmas. You may remember this scene as our awesome Halloween party, you are correct! Since she already had hot pink items in her living room, red and green would have clashed. She loved my suggestion of a pink Christmas, so we ran with that. We both love hot pink and butterflies, so we had our theme.

It was super fun for me to help out with this. I gathered up all the pink and silver things I owned, and we added some new things too. Shopping for pink Christmas things was fun- it's becoming popular, so it wasn't terribly hard to find things in the shades we wanted. 

Lots of pics...so you get the full effect! 


Overall view of the living room:




The girliest tree ever!

My silver trees clean up well- note the pink shoe ornaments!




Tree close ups:





We kept the mantel around- turned it from a spooky thing into a pink wonderland!

I loved how the mantelscape turned out! 





 I made this wreath- pretty simple but effective!


I also made the pink tree on the right out of foam and crepe paper- fun!
(See my crafty blog for the how-to!)




Hung this ornament in a doorway, so lovely!


Well, the "customer" was a happy girl! 


You can't help but be happy in a room of pink!

Who says Christmas has to be red and green? It's fun to be different!

I would have SO much fun as an interior decorator! Or a set decorator for movies.
Now I just need my own place. 


Merry Pink Christmas to you!


No comments: