Sunday, January 1, 2012

I Love: Christmas Edition


I Love...
...picking out a tree as a family from the local nursery. 
No, we didn't get that one!


I Love...
...when the tree lights finally work (it took two days!)

I Love...
 ...finding ornaments that are constructed similarly to displays that I did at BB&B:

(the tree was made of washcloths and the snowman from rolled up towels)

I Love...
 ...being surprised that my Mommy put my "Baby's First Ornament" on the tree.
Yes I am that old.

I Love...
 ...buying new Cracker Barrel ornaments (the red ball) that coordinate with previous Cracker Barrel ornaments:
And I love my ruffle-butt birds.

I Love...
 ...getting lovely cards from our friends. I love our wall of love.

I Love...
 ...making paper snowflakes both large and small.

I Love...
 ...seeing that Santa has visited!

I Love...
 ...getting nifty 'teacher' presents. Now I just need a desk!

I Love...
...displaying our Nativity Sets (this isn't all of them!)

I love Christmas.
I don't love our yellow walls.
But I love Christmas.

I hope you had a loving Christmas.


There's more I love...stay tuned!




2 comments:

CharityMay said...

looks like a GREAT christmas! your family seems so loving and together, i love it. you have some really fun traditions. (i still remember you sharing dyeing easter eggs with onion skins, i have to try that this year!) and i am dying over your ruffle bum birds, please tell me you made them. i am going to have to try and copy them!

Elizabeth said...

Yes, you should try the onion skins! Awesome! No, sadly I did not make the ruffle butt birds- they came from Cracker Barrel. But they looked like something that I would want to make so I fell for them ;)