Sunday, December 18, 2011

It's Rad to be a Grad

I graduated from college this weekend!
Can you believe it?
Part of me can't. 
It seems like I just started school...
...and at the same time like I have been doing school forever!
Who knew the end would actually come one day?

I had a great day. My ceremony was nice and I go to see my friends. I graduated Cum Laude, hence my red sash. I liked it better than the white or gold higher Latin honor sashes! Later that evening, my family and I went out to Red Lobster and I got a great meal. Cheesy biscuits were my motivation to make it through the week!

Dad and me before the ceremony:


Waiting for the ceremony with my friend:

The podium:

My fellow Art Ed peeps:


My family:


After the ceremony:


Merry Graduation Christmas!

Today represented so much more than 4 years of sitting through classes.

 No one sees the
Late nights
Early mornings
Commuting every day
Surviving blizzards
Living in the studio classrooms
Teaching clearances
Finding and buying art supplies
Presentations
Schlepping odd things around
Bratty 8th graders
Critiques
8 am meetings on campus
Many hoops to jump through...
and the list goes on...

It feels good to have accomplished this. 

I'm really thankful that I've gotten to go back to school and learn so much. I've really enjoyed it and I feel like I am closer to who I want to be.

I've met some great people while at school, people who inspire me. I've enjoyed the students that I've worked with. 

I'm thankful for the good weather we've been having. Outside was pretty today with just a dusting of snow. 

I'm thankful for my friends and family who have loved and supported me through all this.

I'm thankful to be able to breathe.


Everyone asks what my plans are now that I'm done with school....my plans are to enjoy Christmas!


2 comments:

Stefanie said...

You're so amazing Liz! Congrats!
By the way, you are a pretty great writer!

Becky H said...

Congratulations! I've enjoyed seeing your art projects and I'm sure you'll do more great things in the future as a teacher. Do you know what's next for you?