Sunday, November 13, 2011

Placement 1: Drawing & Painting

I did more in the Drawing & Painting class- in the other classes the students designed their own projects. I mostly taught lessons that came from my teacher, but a few came from me. 

I taught them about silhouettes and had them do silhouette drawings so that they focused on seeing the shapes  of the objects and not be overwhelmed by the details of the object. I think they liked the activity- it was less tedious. 




We had a nice day so we went out on the courtyard and drew leaves. 


 My teacher brought in gladiolas for the students to paint. Some turned out really nice.

Student work:





I got to do one too- fun! I haven't done watercolor in a long time.

We spent the last couple weeks learning how to do perspective and the students figured out how to draw a perspective covered bridge from a calendar photo, or they could bring in a photo of their house. Many turned out nice, but it's always crazy trying to get them to understand perspective!



The houses turned out really nice:



One of my favorite lessons that I came up with was my presentation on animation. As part of it I showed several videos- one about the process, and then two Silly Symphonies that we discussed. The students loved it. I had them make flip books, they turned out great. 

Here's mine:


The water droplet turned out well:

She did a sweet job with her butterfly:

This student did a really nice job with fire that got larger and smaller. Color too!

 And I got a kick out of the worm going across the page:

It was a great class, I'm glad to have been a part of it. It was really great to see their progression.

No comments: