Thursday, October 28, 2010

Girly Spider Webs

I can't claim to have come up with this idea, I saw the idea here on Betz White's craft blog and decided to try it myself. Out here it's pretty easy to find inexpensive (PA has plentiful antique malls and junk stores, I love it) handmade doily items, so I found some that were cute but that I wouldn't be pained to cut up.

So you take your doilies...

...and find some wooden embroidery hoops. Paint the outer hoop black and leave the inner one natural.

Add some ribbon and spiders and voila!



You get some pretty easy and fast girly Halloween decorations!
I used an 8" hoop on the square doily, and got a 6" and two 3" hoops from the rectangular one.
I wanted to make my own beaded spiders, but that didn't happen this year.

I think they're cute enough to have up all year- sans spiders!


I like decorating my hutch!

You like my little cast iron stove?

Have a Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

The Paredes Family said...

What a cute idea! Thanks for sharing!