Friday, September 24, 2010

Best. Present. Ever.

The other day when Mom came home she had THREE big boxes that she had picked up from the Post Office. She had helped pack them while she was still in CA- boxes of vintage fabric, that is. my aunt and grandma had gone through stuff and sent it to us.

I totally love vintage fabric and it's crazyness, so it was a great surprise!


 I love the teacups and teapots!

 This came with pieces cut out- appliques? I so wish there was more than a quarter yard, this was one of my faves.

 Love the Raggedy Ann and Andy too!
I don't know what I'll do with this stash yet, but the wheels are spinning!

I kept about half for myself, the rest Laura wanted or it was just too ugly! There is good crazy fabric...and bad crazy. Ha ha.

This is also a lesson NEVER to leave pins in your fabric/projects long term- it doesn't take much moisture to cause them to rust! There were a lot of pieces that had rusty pins in it, leaving rusty holes that will hopefully wash out or take some kind of treatment. Some pins were so rusted that they had bonded to the fabric- it took pliers to pull them out!

2 comments:

Rachael said...

Those fabrics are so great! They'd look awesome stretched in embroidery hoops.

Elizabeth said...

That's a great idea Rae! Sometimes I just like the pattern more than having it be a finished product.