Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Creepy Baby Dolls

Recently I finished my creepy baby doll painting, our teacher wanted us to try flesh tones because they are hard to do. My dolls weren't even as creepy as other ones that people had to paint!


You never draw on a canvas with a pencil, instead you sketch it with paint- yellow ochre. It'll blend into your painting because it's not a harsh color.
Here's the finished product, I was pleased:

Here's the photo of the dolls:

Our teacher encourages us to tweak our paintings if needed- adjust contrast or pump up color. Ultimately the painting has to stand on its own, the items won't always be there for a comparison!

It's always so interesting to see how people can take the same thing and make it all their own- this is someone else's painting of the doll on the left that you see in mine. It's fun seeing everyone's style.



No actual painting in class for awhile now, I have a little meeting with my teacher next Monday and then after Thanksgiving we'll be brainstorming our final projects. The semester is going by fast! I am having fun.


No comments: