Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Ahhh!

It's been a rough 24 hours. It all started when my car broke down yesterday- there was this huge puddle under the car and antifreeze puddles under the hood. My dad thinks the water pump blew, very likely as a result from hitting the deer a few months ago- everything in the front of the engine got a bit squished. Dad came from work and picked me up- we left the car in the lot at school and it was towed today. When I got to school, someone had stuck a McDonald's bag under the wiper on that Jeep's windshield! Gross!

Yesterday my mom was mowing and something hit her in the eye. It kept bothering her more and more until she needed to go to the ER at 4am this morning. They told her it was scratched and gave her antibiotics but it was still really red and painful. Her eyelids were all puffy and swollen. So they took the one working automobile to take her to an eye dr first thing this morning. The dr was able to help her out better than the hospital did, and she'll be fine. Not a whole lot I could do about all this, so I took the car when they got back and I was really late to school. My 3-D art teacher was demonstrating wire techniques that would have been nice to see, but we talked afterwards. I felt really bad for missing so much of class, but he was nice about it (I had called him beforehand).

I think the worst part of today was that I stopped in the gallery where I have photographs (and there's a few other artist's things in there as well) and people had written really rude things about the show in the little comment book that I had left. And to add insult to injury, they stole my pen. I was really upset this morning about it, but I'm better now. I've seen some bad exibits in that gallery, but I would never be so mean as to write it in their comment book! I wasn't as proud of these photos as others, but I didn't think it was that bad. Sometimes it's hard to know what to put out there. I was really unsettled this morning.

Things are going better now, I just needed to vent.

No comments: