Thursday, July 5, 2012

Five

Can you believe that I've now lived in PA for five years? Pretty crazy. In some respects I feel like I've lived here a long time and in some respects I feel like I've just gotten here. I guess it's a sign when people think I've lived here a long time and I have to correct them, that I am not a native!


I started this blog after the move (and lucky for you or else you'd have been subjected to a lot of whining!) and I don't think I've shared these photos, so here goes. 

Let me sum up: moving was a long, difficult process. We were actively moving from March to July. And before that I dealt with people coming up to me at church and either crying that we were leaving or going "You're still here??". That went on for a good year. No joke. 

Here's how I spent my 4th in 2007....loading an ABF trailer of leftover stuff after the movers had come and gone twice. So much fun....we were so busy that we didn't even have time to stop for sparklers. 



July 5th, Dad and I flew to PA. 
Mom and Laura came a couple days later with the critters.
Hello Barbie suitcases!


Last photo of me at home.
I look so happy...err.....
I really wasn't happy to leave.
I walked up my driveway and got in the car.
I still regret not taking a good last look.

It's not the same anymore.


Dad and I at the airport:


Keep in mind I never got to scout out PA before moving. Blind faith!
All I could do was really hope that PA would be ok.

This is what awaited me:


Boxes and furniture randomly squished everywhere in our little house. 
My room:



Main room:


Like the mountain of boxes?

 It's really hard to put anything away in the kitchen when the cupboards are covered over:

There were even more boxes than what you see!
It was like a puzzle to get things unpacked!
It took a couple months to get things livable!
Sadly it's been 5 years and I'm still dealing with boxes!

My wall of packing paper:

We will never run out of paper for the woodstove!

You find new ways to entertain yourself- 
like creating a tunnel out of a huge box for the dog!


It's weird to see your cars on a big rig like this!
They got shipped over. 

It was all pretty overwhelming to start over in a new place. 
Then right after I moved, this butterfly came and posed for me in the driveway.
In a way he was saying, "It's gonna be ok Liz". 
I never had one pose for me up close like that before.
I always listen to what butterflies tell me. 



I look back on those days and I have grown so much since moving to PA.

It took a lot of strength to start all over with school and meet new people at church and YSA. 
I think my family has grown as a result too.

I feel a lot stronger and fulfilled these days.

Thank you PA.

I never thought I'd ever say that. 

1 comment:

oldangelgirl said...

I'm so glad, my love. What a scary thing to do, but what a blessing too. It reminds me of a story I heard at church. The speaker told about a woman he knew who was at retirement age. Her husband died unexpectedly and she lost basically every material possession she had, including her home. She was so afraid and alone. She ended up moving in with a non-member couple that had some extra space in their big house. And everything turned out amazingly well. Her 'roommates' became dear friends and even ended up getting baptized. And she said to the speaker, 'If I'd only known how it would be I never would have worried.' That's how life is, isn't it? It's about having the faith in everything turning out well. Love you hon! Sorry for the book :)