Monday, August 31, 2009

New Camer *

A few weeks ago I used my birthday money to buy a new digital camera. I enjoyed my original one, but it was time. I wanted something smaller that would fit in my pocket. I liked my original Kodak so I made sure to get another Kodak. Plus, it was the cheapest for the nicest at Wal-mart...like $93 including tax!

Here's my first digital camera, a 6mp. I waited until 2006 to go digital. Until then I felt that digital just wasn't good enough (and it was crap up until a couple of years ago). There's still no comparison to real b&w film (lots of pros still use b&w film these days) but I was impressed with how sharp and crisp my images were. This camera got used and abused and held up well.
And of course I had to get the new one in aqua (and I got a matching case too!). It's a 9.2 mp and it has face recognition and anti-blur as well. I am amazed at how cheap technology is these days!
I've had it about a month and so far I'm pretty happy. It takes real nice pics and I can also toggle over to b&w if I wish. I love how portable it is, too. So the pics you see from now on will likely have been created with this camera.

*No, I didn't spell it wrong, I did that on purpose. That's goes way back to when I was a missionary in CT. Many people had East Coast accents and would leave off parts of words or add things that didn't belong ("spatchaler" instead of spatula!) so "camer" became part of our joke lingo among us missionaries. When I came home I taught it to my fam and my dad and I joke about our "camers".


No comments: