Tuesday, April 7, 2009

SNOW!

So it's April and has been gorgeous weather and then it turned nasty overnight- we got like four inches and it's still snowing! Poor daffodils:




Edinboro:










And on a random note, my drawing made it on the display wall! Hooray! We had to use greyscale markers to illustrate frames from a movie. I chose "Charade", a fabulous movie starring Audrey Hepburn and Cary Grant. It's one of my faves and stylish so it was good for this assignment:





The latest assignment for drawing was a funny one- you had to make a drawing with a non-art material. It was interesting to see everyone's creativity as they used colored bubbles, tea bags, pepto-bismol, fruit punch, candle wax, Nyquil, lip gloss, etc to make an image. Some were so-so, some were pretty good. I chose to use white frosting, I used one of those doo-hickeys with the different icing tips to make my image (based on the daffodils in my last post). My class and teacher liked it better than I did, I was kindof drawing a blank about what to use that would be different from everyone else.




I thought a baking sheet would be better than paper. It's a "non-art" material! Stay tuned for more art stuff!

1 comment:

oldangelgirl said...

Our weather must have hit you! Don't worry, though, it's beautiful and warm here, so it's sure to be headed your way. :) Also, I loved your Charade picture (and I love that movie, too). You're so creative!