Saturday, July 26, 2008

Update

For the record, it was a lousy birthday. My day revolved around my sister's schedule instead of anything that I wanted to do. I got stuck in boring Corry. I didn't want to go to Lake Chautauqua Idol (their summer-long version of American Idol) with the YSA that night, but the alternative was staying home. So I went and the show stunk. Not worth the 2 hr roundtrip drive! We went a couple weeks ago and it was fun. Afterwards we had cake and the YSA sang to me...but hardly anyone was there that night, so that kinda stunk too. And the whole way home I was pitched knives by a girl selling them, despite my protests. I don't think I will ever buy CutCo knives! The best (worst) part was my mom and sis forgetting to sign and give me my birthday cards till the next day...even though we spent all day together. I am always thoughtful to them on their birthdays, what's up with that? I had better days laying on the couch and doing nothing.

For all those who said that I am "young and should do something fun"...there isn't anything fun to do around here! And no one to have fun with either.

Monday is Girl's Camp, I am now the YW president and Camp Leader since Beth has now moved. I spent the rest of this week trying to get stuff ready. Camp has a baseball "All-Star" theme and our team is The Rubies! We got to decorate a pennant and everything. Got two girls going, it should be fun. I helped set some stuff up today. I'll blog all about it later! I gotta go pack!

My dad comes home tonight...yay! It's been 3 weeks! He's been in Texas, Panama and New Orleans.

2 comments:

Marleen said...

I'm so sorry it was a lousy birthday for you. I'll be praying for your sanity that the next one will be awesome. The girls camp them sounds fun. I hope you have a great time.

Beth said...

sorry you had an un-fun birthday! the move went well, and our new branch seems really great... quite a bit bigger than corry. There are two little girls camerons age that go in nursery with her, and she loves it! goodluck at girls camp, hope it all goes smoothly!