Monday, May 21, 2012

Faline, Our Deer Friend

Right in the middle of boring everyday life, life gives us something amazing. One morning when my sister was walking dogs, this tiny little deer appeared and came right up to her and even nosed the dogs. Mom saw this little deer too. They were able to snap a couple of photos before she disappeared. I heard about it later and we all marveled at such an unusual occurrence. You see, there are lots and lots of deer here in Pennsylvania, and we see them quite often on the property, but nothing like this had ever happened before.

Well later that evening, when it was starting to get dark, little Faline (yes, we named her after Bambi's girlfriend) showed up again, just came right down the driveway. I grabbed my camera and Mom and I went outside and I got to see Faline up close and personal.

"Oh, hi. Can I come over?"
Om nom nom nom
Hello there!


The grass is always greenest right behind the car. 


Shh....don't tell her that the Jeep behind her has hit four deer!
It's our little secret. 
So cute!



Bye Liz, it was fun hanging out!


It was so amazing to have her so close, she even came and stuck her nose in my stomach and sniffed my pants. She ate grass from Mom and I too. She didn't care when  Mom yelled for Laura, she wasn't afraid. She munched here and there and went back up the driveway, and didn't care that I followed her.

Eventually she mosied off into the forest and I went and ate my dinner and left her to eat hers. The next day we saw her behind our ponds with her mamma, guess she'd gotten a scolding about talking to strangers.

Told you our place was magical.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

How magical. So cool.

Ryan and Rachel said...

That is pretty dang awesome!! What a cool experience!!