Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Forget Not


I always love the RS Broadcasts, and last Saturday was no exception. The women's talks were lovely and I enjoyed what Sister Allred had to say about charity. I need to find that quote. I was also quite uplifted by Elder Uchtdorf's talk and the symbolism of the Forget Me Not flower. I found myself rushing home to find the images I had taken of the sweet blue flowers by our stream.

And what do you know? Our Forget Me Nots have five petals too.

Forget Not to be patient with yourself.

Forget Not the difference between a good sacrifice and an unnecessary one.

Forget Not to be happy now.

Forget Not the "why" of the gospel.

Forget Not that the Lord loves you.


We all need those reminders, and I did as well. I already loved these sweet little flowers, I associate them with my orange cat who has since passed. Now when I look at them I will have a new reminder that I am of worth and that the Lord loves me. He loves you too.

We are not insignificant, but play a role in Heavenly Father's garden.

We should remember Him, because He doesn't forget about us.

I never was able to figure out what to submit to the Church's International Art Contest, so I submitted this just in time for the deadline. I would have liked to have done an oil painting of the resurrected Christ, but that was not in the works for this contest. I will have to do that on my own sometime.

The gospel is full of symbols, and it's exciting to have a new one.


No comments: