Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Season

It's been an enjoyable Easter season. I loved having Easter so late in the year- it was a long season for Cadbury eggs!

I did other fun things too.

Like dyeing eggs with my fhe group:



Raelena, Kristin, me, Andrew, Kaitlyn, Tad and Eric

I didn't get into a dye fight like some people but we had a great time!
I got put in charge of obtaining the decorating goods- we used crayons and I had found NEON dye! I taught them how to dye eggs with onion skins, they found it interesting.
Wherever I go I am the art teacher! Ha ha.


We dyed eggs as a family, always a fun tradition.
This year I discovered that if you use crayon on a warm, just boiled egg (as opposed to trying to color ones that have been in the fridge) that the crayon goes on very smoothly and solid.
I was pleased!


This one got dyed yellow:

I did a random floral design and dyed it bright aqua!

Can you tell that I love Nightmare Before Christmas?
 Couldn't resist.
My family loves dyeing eggs, it's a great artistic medium.
Years ago I did pasanky (Ukrainian) eggs, I need to take that up again.

Church on Sunday as very nice. We had 39 people (including a few kids) in attendance, which was great for our little branch! It was so nice seeing friends and everyone looked great in their festive Easter pastels. I even had two YW in attendance, it was great! The spirit was really strong at church today, which was great. Outside it was a gloomy, overcast day, but in our hearts it was sunshine.

The PA tradition seems to be us kids hiding eggs and making Mom and Dad search for them!
One good use for a cluttered house- it's easy to hide eggs...in plain sight!

Mom and Laura were bored and I came home to Easter bunnies everywhere last week!
My dad, the big kid:

After hunting eggs, we had our usual Points and Butts egg game tournament and ate eggs and some homemade corned beef hash, yum! I then settled down for an Easter nap, it was great. I got two naps this weekend, can you believe it? Dinner was yummy ham and cheesy potatoes, always a fave. Anyhow, it was a really nice weekend and nice to spend time with my family. It was a nice opportunity to remember our Savior and what He did for us.

He is not here, for He is risen.

No comments: